Even with the fullest houses, box-office takings only cover a small percentage of what it costs to stage high-quality opera.
Scottish Opera is core funded by the Scottish Government, some local authorities, box office income, and bridges the funding gap by seeking support from a variety of private sources.
Scottish Opera celebrates its 50th anniversary in our 2012/13 Season. You can support us in this landmark year by:
There are lots of other ways to show your support personally:
- Donate to our Don Giovanni Play a Supporting Role appeal
- Get involved by becoming a Friend
- Become a Patron of the Alexander Gibson Circle and support new productions
- Become an Education Angel and support the breadth of our education and outreach activities
- Make a donation online to Scottish Opera
- Become an Emerging Artists Benefactor
- Join The Scottish Opera Syndicate
- Choose Scottish Opera when you shop online at easyfundraising.co.uk
- Have a lasting impact by leaving Scottish Opera a gift in your Will.
Involve your business with Scottish Opera:
- Become a sponsor or corporate member
- Promote your brand
- Entertain your clients
- Enhance your Corporate Social Responsibility programme through education and outreach
As owners of the Theatre Royal Glasgow, we’re leading the campaign to transform the theatre into a world-class venue in time for the Commonwealth Games in 2014. Join our ambitious project and support the campaign.